Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tornadoes, Dead Plants, and Peas!!

Just a quick update.

I hate Michigan weather! If I hear one more tornado siren, I think I may die of heart failure! The weather changes so quickly. It can be nice and gray (cause it's never sunny) and then a huge, high wind storm can blow in - in less than 5 minutes. We've had several of those. One toppled my peonies....which I had to stake.

They bloomed, and they were lovely. All is well.

My raspberry plants.....DEAD. Dead, dead, dead!
I thought Jus fertilized them, but now I'm thinking thrips. Poor raspberries :(


Now, I've had critters dropping my blossoms on my tomatoes and my squash, and causing my strawberries to die. Every time I had blossoms, they would be in the dirt the next day. I told myself I wasn't gonna use pesticides/insecticides, but dangit, I used Sevin. All is well.

Here are my tomatoes


My strawberries....yum

Notice the cattail in the corner? Funny kids!



My squash (zucchini, pumpkins, crookneck, hybrids)


My beans, cucumbers, carrots, beets, and onions...and various other things




And then....my peas. YUMMY! My favorite so far.





And last, but not least....
Check out our lawn! It looks awesome. Jus has done a nice job.

No comments:

Post a Comment