Monday, May 24, 2010

Progress....Finally!

I've started seeds, I've planted, and I've lost. Kids can make gardening difficult. I lost another large start tray, compliments of my 1 year old :)

All of my zuchinni and squash have died, I lost a lot of my tomatoes, and my cucumbers never sprouted. Off to the nursery for replacements.

So what has grown? Let me show you.

My bare root raspberry plants are finally starting to blossom.


My peas are doing really well.



Here are my gorgeous Brandywine tomato plants.


Spinach.


Beets and carrots...I planted both red and golden beets as well as purple and orange sweet carrots.



and then....the strawberries.


My husband and I are fighting over this baby. He thinks it's his, but I will snag it as soon as it turns red.



As for my garden up front, my plants are coming in nicely. I don't know what any of it is except for the Hostas....which I LOVE. The crazy wind storm that hit us a week ago, blew over my tall plants. I will need to stake them this week.



If anyone knows what any of these plants are....let me know.



.....and the most exciting news of all? We were able to breathe life back into our terrible lawn! We still have a long way to go, but it looks SOOOOOOOOOO much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment